Flak Kaserne – construction startet in 1936, however was never finished IAW the original master plan – got a splendid Headquarters Building in the south, accentuated with a massive collonade.
The U.S. utilized subject Bldg 210 e.g. as Mess Hall as well as NCO Club. In the Fifities, distributions of Christmas presents for Augsburg´s needy children took place there. One of the first big units stationed in Flak Kaserne was the 5th Infantry Division (Red Diamond), followed by parts of the legendary 11th Airborne Division (Angels). Later, there were for many years the 24th Infantry Division Headquarters.
At the beginning of 2008, pictures of that architecturally remarkable Sleeping Beauty could still be taken. Alas, in summer demolition of the memorable building began.